Sunday 17 May 2009

Waiting

Fella and I had been texting and emailing virtually constantly over the days leading up to our meeting (and also, recently, become ‘friends’ on Facebook) so it really began to feel like we knew each other quite well. In fact we were texting right up to the time I had to leave the apartment to get there!

I arrived at the Church in good time, wanting to meet him before the concert began. And there we were, face to face for the first time. As gorgeous in real life as he looks in his pics!

We talked for 10 minutes or so before the concert was due to begin. Vivaldi; Sibelius; Weber; Brahms. The last piece was described by the conductor as a love song, full of the moods of love... what could be more perfect?

Once the concert was finished ad the church locked up, we went into Soho for a drink. By this time it was 10 o’clock and Eurovision was just finishing, and we managed to find a seat in the Duke of Wellington where we could talk.

So engrossed we became in conversation that 11:30 quickly rolled around and with it the prospect of his departure to catch his last train (not living in London, you see). But I selflessly offered him the use of the my futon in the living room and he, charmer that he is, said he was having such a good night that he would prefer to do that so we could have more time together. And so, after the pub closed we went to The Edge for more drinks and more talk and… a little before 1:00am a wild impulse came over me that I could not resist; and I kissed him.

I held his hand all the way home, and once there - after a nice merlot and some pain au chocolat - we made love till dawn.

We rose at 11:00. I made us a big breakfast and then we spent the rest of the day in each others’ arms on the sofa, naked, watching DVDs and breaking only when overcome with passion until at 5:00pm it was, sadly, time for him to head home.

So I think, gentle reader, we might safely say we had a good first date. As for what’s next…

I’m fine with taking things slow; that’s certainly what he would want. I’d really just like this not to be the end of it. Though not perfect I am sold on him and would like to give things a chance to develop. So here I am waiting anxiously in that post-first-date broke Rule 1 again No Man’s Land - to text or not to text? That is the question. Four hours sleep doesn’t help. Time to be cool and let things progress one way or another; fingers crossed though.



5 comments:

Monty said...

Wahoooo! High fiving you across the airwaves buddy!

Bill said...

I hope it works out :)

Anonymous said...

Text, text! For gawd's sake, TEXT!!!!!

Or not. Up to you, really.

The shag til dawn then lay around naked watching videos and shagging guys are few and far between.

Mike said...

Thanks guys. We'll have to see what happens. we're still in touch, which is nice. Just remains to be seen what happens next!

Antony said...

Be open, calm and honest. Send a text saying you had a good time and would like to see him again.

I am SOOOO glad you have had a wonderful date!

Hugs,

Antony