Thursday 12 February 2009

Still a slut?

I will start, if I may, with a bit of a confession.

You may recall, gentle reader, my aim to keep my sexual activities in check and try and keep to one new sexual partner a week (or thereabouts. Ish. Terms and conditions etc). Well, since International and I went our separate ways I have been making the most Strumpetville has to offer and - to cut a long story short - my encounters now run for 2009 well into the 20s.

OK – I know I talk too much about my sex life to the expense of other things and I should get back on track with the sometimes [always] difficult search for Mr Right. So, after a whole lotta fun – and a spirited attempt to move away from the vanilla into what a friend described as double mint chocolate chip – I’m beginning to wonder if it isn’t time to Just Calm Down.

Alongside a very handy distraction from the inevitable, and very deep, sadness I feel after my split from International (I battle even now with the impulse to tell him I think we’ve made a mistake…) there have been a couple of other elements to my recent behaviours.

Firstly I have not been on the dating scene at all. I have studiously ignored it, in fact. Hence my interaction with gay men is limited to a few friends and neighbours. So a little stimulation goes a long way and having the sex drive that I have…

There is also the job. Alongside becoming a bore about sex I am probably, certainly to close friends, becoming a bore about work. But the work I have now is incredibly challenging and complex and I quite often leave work buzzing and really pumped up, especially mentally. So a release of some sort is often helpful; just to help me switch off.

Yes there is nothing like a good assignation to help me off to sleep these days. But perhaps it’s time to start exploring the possibilities of a hot chocolate and a trashy novel.

I suppose I started to think like this after a little shock I had a while ago; you see like most bloggers I can see the searches people undertook to get here. I was somewhat startled, to say the least, that a simple Google search for the term 'slut' brings up in the results my blog (Google scans webpages using programmes called spiders and defines the content by keyword to facilitate searches. Hmmm) and so I wonder what impression I must give you!

Well, it did make me laugh but now I think (in a reality check style of wossname) that it mostly illustrates I need an early night once in a while. And not in That way!!

No comments: