Friday 20 February 2009

Datesville continued...

Let me tell you more about another one in particular of the lovely meN who seem to be just dying to take me out; double-plus hurrah!...

This time I refer to a guy from gaydar who asked me out on Valentine’s Day. I referred to him as date 2.5 because I think he’s very good looking indeed, and that we would not go out because of how exceptionally beautiful he is. How could he sustain an interest in Frumpella?

Nevertheless, as I said to friends in the week, I think I’m due a touch of the exceptionals, and here we are; date still on.

He works for a major national fashion retailer co-ordinating their window displays (I don’t think I can describe the job in a way that does it justice) and so travels all over the country. Thus he has a fair bit of time to text and chat and so we’ve also been in pretty much constant contact. I’ll admit he has a filthy mind – perhaps as filthy as mine - and we’ve exchanged more than just casual chat but we won’t actually be meeting till 28 February: dinner at his place!

Date 2.5 really made me smile recently. He asked me why I was single and I explained, briefly, that whilst at that precise moment I wasn’t technically looking, I was open to offers.

So, gorgeous romantic type that he apparently is, he later sends me a mock CV with covering letter in application for the position of Mike’s Boyfriend. What a lovely thing to do! As soon as I saw that a number of positions came to mind that might provide a suitable opening…

Dear me, gentle reader; I’m very lucky. I wonder what it is about February that makes a young gayer’s heart turn to love? Well, whatever it is, it’s most welcome.

Again, I’m glad I didn’t just rush off and jump into bed with him. And while the tone – in marked contrast with the South African – suggests after dinner there might be quite a show (pending the final test of actually meeting of course) our interaction done with an emphasis on building or starting a relationship.

Assuming all goes [very] well I’ll need to pick one of them eventually, but for the moment I’m enjoying the attention from these great guys… it’s certainly keeping me smiling!

4 comments:

MadeInScotland said...

it's not my chum JN-1 is it? He is seriously handsome, but last I heard still with bf. But a similar job...probably different retailer!

(do a search on my blog of media hair and there might be some hits)

ahoj

Mike said...

No, I don't think so (I did the search - you never know!). But you inspired me to senda goodnight text telling date 2.5 how handsome he is.

Monty said...

I so like the sound of 2.5!!!!!!

Mike said...

I know... I'm too lucky for words.