Thursday 24 April 2008

The F-Plan

As you may have seen in previous posts, gentle reader, I have a desire to lose a bit of weight. What better, then, than to try the F-Plan?

It really is quite simple. You have a hearty lunch, then go out on a date and skip both dinner and breakfast. You can have a glass or two of wine in the evening, but the plan also requires you engage in a vigorous regime of indoor sports that should burn about 400 calories a time.

What could be simpler?

Ah, if only it were that simple. The problem is The Rules.

The Rules are:

  1. No sex on a first date.
  2. Terms and conditions apply to Rule 1.
  3. If I use Rule 2 to get round Rule 1 then I only have myself to blame

To demonstrate: My message to ‘O’ met with a very upsetting brush off indeed; I won’t go into details but we shan’t be seeing each other again. I must confess to being somewhat mystified because we really did get on so very well, and even when I left his place on Tuesday he couldn’t keep his hands of me. I’m pretty sure I’m not deluding myself into seeing something that wasn’t there. Well, of course I had a bit of a miserable day today, and today’s the day when most of my friends are not around so there were few people to talk to about it. But, then I realised I’m worth no less than I was on Monday so what the hell; the loss is entirely his, even if I do feel a bit down about it.

Tonight, though, I met ‘M’ for a couple of drinks. He knows I’m still quite new to this so he took me to a ‘gay pub’ near Trafalgar Square. It was a really nice place and definitely somewhere I want to go to again; cheered me up nicely. ‘M’ (a nurse) was really great, and even made me a CD of some tunes I might hear at an event called Duckie he said we should go to. He wants to take me to some ‘scene’ venues and actually I’m quite keen. In fact I can’t wait!

I hope also at the weekend to meet a guy (‘G’) I’ve been messaging via OUT. We shall meet in Greenwich for a few drinks, and see how well we get on. I’m very interested to know more about him; he’s very erudite and witty but doesn’t live in London so I guess it’s a big deal for him to come all the way to, essentially, my local area to visit me.

And on Monday I am looking forward to meeting ‘H’, yet another medical professional (what is it about me and blokes in scrubs?! Freud could have a field day, I’m sure). I’d been chatting to ‘H’ for a while too, but for some reason I thought he was in a relationship; once he told me he wasn’t I was in there like some horned up pink whippet, asking for a date! He seems very similar to me in many respects so I guess it will be… interesting/exciting to see how that works out.

But, first and foremost is the next Gay Coffee Posse! Yes, this Saturday a whole month will have rolled around. Hard to believe it, but here we are!! Next month I intend to take things a lot more slowly. Well, there aren’t that many men left are there?


No comments: