Monday 29 June 2009

20:57

On Friday just gone Fella joined me as a colleague’s farewell drinks job. Having someone I’m seeing meet friends and colleagues is something of a first for me, but I’m keen to do it with Fella because not only am I meeting many of his friends and co-workers, but also of course because he’s special!

While we were in the pub he and I got to talking. He confessed that I was not the only one who had been having what he termed ‘silly’ moments about the state of our relationship. He’d been worrying that he had overstayed his welcome by spending so much time at my place recently.

Now that to me was silly indeed, as I love having him at my place (or being with him anywhere). We hardly need to go into all the reasons for that, now do we? I assured him it was all fine and that there really was nothing to worry about at all.

It really was very endearing of him to tell me how he was feeling. He still maintains a bit of distance, though I perceive the gap is narrowing (I keep having to remind myself that it’s only been six weeks). On my part I will admit, gentle reader, that at the moment he confessed his ‘silliness’: right then at 8:57 pm BST on Friday 26 June 2009, I realised I would probably end up falling in love with him. Perhaps quite soon.

We didn’t get out of bed on Saturday until well after midday and I prepared stuffed croissants and champagne for us to have in the garden before we headed out to have some retail therapy. I bought myself some shoes, a bag, and some sunglasses – all under the supervision of Fella of course. And I bought him the latest Sugababes album as a present.

As I walked him to the Church he works in (as a concert manager) a massive thunderstorm erupted and we ended up getting soaked. Did we mind? Of course not. We walked down the road singing Sugababes songs (me! Singing in public! See the effect he has on me?) as the rain came down.

He really made an effort this weekend on so many levels I was, and am, touched. I doubt I’ll see him now till Friday coming, when he is going to cook me dinner at mine and the Wednesday after he’s meeting some very good friends of mine at Das Boot By which time I should have internet access at home and can regale you all the more frequently with my posts! But in the meantime I shall miss, as I always do very much when we are apart, sleeping with him in my arms as the bed now feels far too empty without him in it.

2 comments:

Monty said...

Big smile across my face thinking about you and Fella! AWESOME development Mr! Keep up the good work!!! Hugs!!! xxx

Antony said...

On my part I will admit, gentle reader, that at the moment he confessed his ‘silliness’: right then at 8:57 pm BST on Friday 26 June 2009, I realised I would probably end up falling in love with him. Perhaps quite soon.


Wonderful. I am soo happy for you. Told you good communication sorts things out.

My love and hugs,

Antony xx