Monday 2 November 2009

November

November already! I really am letting my blogging slide. It’s something I’ve noticed of other bloggers who have entered long term relationships; but as their blogs are better than mine the relative paucity of my posts is less of a loss.

So, best start the month with a catch up, run down, and general summary of life in sunny Strumpetville since our sojourn to Paris.

I think starting with the worst; I have been increasingly unwell since we came back from holiday. I shan’t trouble you with my squishy organic symptoms. I’ve had some tests done and we shall see soon what it is that ails me. It could be any number of things, but the range of symptoms is too narrow to really suggest anything serious.

On the plus side the illness, unpleasant though it surely is, has left me with a much reduced appetite and a real aversion to alcohol and chocolate. What rare malady it is that makes me crave nothing but light salads. My weight loss is beginning to get comments!

Anyway… moving on; at Hallowe’en Fella and I went to two parties. One at a mutual friend – a gay female couple Kevin ahs known for ages but who have clasped me to their collective bosom. It was a double celebration as they had also recently become engaged to be married, which was fantastic news. I went dressed as the devil, cape horns and pitchfork. I was rather pleased with my effort. But after a could of hours we had to head home, because there was a party at my house too!

That was as expected. There were outrageous costumes and cocktails galore! There was also yet another new housemate, replacing the previous mystery housemate (keeping up?). He seemed very keen on me, so I had to try and avoid him for a while. Unfortunately his keenness has spilled over into the post-party world.

He’s another odd one [but of course]. Canadian and lacking in subtlety; my efforts to make clear I have no intention of sleeping with him led to an invitation to ‘just cuddle’. In our underwear. Hmmm. Or; not. I must admit to being somewhat bemused by tactics such as “come into my room; I’ve got something to show you *wink*” or “you’re cute. I’m horny”. Like an amazing diamond, the many facets of this house continue to dazzle!

So that’s where we are at the start of the month. This week I’m seeing Fella on Wednesday, and then we have friends over here for dinner on Friday. Later in the month we have, amongst other things another fancy dress party and of course I’m still in the throes of organising the trip to Germany. So forgive my scant attention to this blog, gentle reader: I promise there is plenty to come to hold yours !

6 comments:

Volodya said...

Sounds like lots of things happening! Good luck with all of these :)

P.S. Lots of Canadians do lack subtlety when it comes to hitting on someone. Is it something in the water over there? :)

Monty said...

Lack of blogging forgiven! It's funny isn't it, the minute you're off the market, you'll be flooded with offers! Of course, I can completely empathise with your would be suitors - they're only human after all and unable to resist your many charms! :-)

MadeInScotland said...

It all sounds like a dizzying social whirl, but without too much hedonistic excess.

Hope you feel better soon.

ahoj

Nik_TheGreek said...

I'm sorry that you are not feeling well. I hope it's nothing serious and you'll be fine in no time...

BTW, I kind of find your house arragement weird... Interesting but weird...

PS. Please don't forget your blog much...

Antony said...

I know I can't believe it's November already. I'm mad busy too, but here's the deal, you keep blogging and so will I? Agreed? Good.

Maybe I need to meet a canadian...hmm.

Hugs,

A x

Mike said...

i'm sure Canadians are generally lovely, but this one... no, I don't think you need to meet him!