Wednesday 30 December 2009

... and

It’s 30 December and as I’m hurriedly typing this Fella is fast asleep. He looks like an angel when he’s asleep…

We had a lovely Christmas, at his parents’ place outside London. I got on very well with everyone in the family so we can definitely mark it as a successful visit. I felt very much welcomed by them all. It really was nice,.

Fella got me a new DVD player (my old one was very much on its last legs so well observed by him) and his family gave me a cookbook. The gifts I got them whilst in Germany went down very well too. There was even snow on Christmas Day. All in all it went much better than I could have expected.

I’ve been thinking a lot about New Years resolutions. I am amazed by how well my relationship is going and we’re both talking in terms of the years ahead, not just weeks or months. So in many respects 2010 will be focussed on building that up. Hence I am resolved on matters pertaining to that:

Work – keep working hard, and trying to do well. I’m not sure yet quite what that looks like; but it’s great to mix things up. Experience new challenges.

Education. In keeping with the above start my master’s degree. The people I deal with on a daily basis inspire me; I aspire to their example. It will be a challenge because I will have to give a few evenings a week to study and classes; time I would spend with Fella. Plus he wants to go back to bar work to make some extra money. That’s going to really hit our time together. BUT (customary preposition notwithstanding) I am keen to take our relationship forward to meet these challenges because I really think we’re in a good, strong place.

Domestic: it’s time to move. Things here with the Gardener are fine, but not really suiting me. So, I’ve decided to try and get a place of my own again . No great rush of course; but given the challenges I’m introducing I do think having a place all my own, that Fella and I can share, will help ameliorate the effects. Before you ask, gentle reader, we aren’t ready to move in together. No: not at all. What we do need is a place where we can be together, but in separate rooms – if that makes sense.

Legal: hints have been dropped. I know, for example, which of these Fella would most prefer. And indeed, it has been made clear that were certain questions to be asked the order of things would be I should do the asking… so while 2010 might not quite be the year in which the question is in fact asked, in the next 12 months we do consider that the decision to ask it will be made.

So, stay tuned... and in the meantime:

Happy New Year

I hope 2010 brings you almost everything you desire ;-)

8 comments:

Monty said...

Happy New Year Mike. It's great to see you heading into the new year with such a great attitude! Really happy that 2009 has ended with you in such a good situation in life, and I hope that 2010 will be TWICE as good! Big hug!

Stephen Chapman said...

Happy new year! I've enjoyed reading your blog in 2009. Bring on 2010!

Volodya said...

Happy New Year Mike! May most of your dreams come true in 2010!

The rings (especially the wood one) are just FANTASTIC!

MadeInScotland said...

ahoj..and a HNY to you.

The ring thing. We know so quickly. But the drink abuse thing... was that really a chemistry/beyond my drinking (control) thing?

Be happy. But I was never thus abused...

Just be sure. OK?!

HNY

ahoj

Antony said...

Wow sounds like a fab year a head. I haven't quite had chance to review last years goals or set ones for this year yet. Will have to do it tomorrow.

Hugs,

A x

m4m said...

Happy new year to you!

Gauss Jordan said...

Oh, exciting!

Mike said...

Thanks all, again and as per... IK hope you all hada lovely start to 2010 and I look forward to reading how great a year it will be for you too.

I'm really sure; but I'll take it slow :-)